WHY DO YOU READ/STUDY?
That is the first question that should come to your mind when ever you think on how to study effectively for exams, most students failed exams because they lack knowledge on how to study for examination. now let me answer the question why do we read/study, we read for : Direction, information, signs, entertainment etc but a student studying is basically for academic purposes, to understand the main idea of what he/she is reading.
Recommended : Golden Tips On How To Study At Night
HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT YOU HAVE UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU HAVE STUDIED?
the basic way to know that you understood what you have studied is if you can explain in your own word the main idea of the passage, this mostly occur in comprehension passage were by a student will be ask to provide the main idea of the passage.
THERE ARE 3 WAYS OF UNDERSTANDING
- ability to recognize physically stated fact
- ability to find non – stated facts
- ability to make judgement and personal opinion .
HINDRANCES TO EFFECTIVE STUDYING
This are things that usually make you not to understand what you are studying,
- Using your finger to follow words
- Thinking other things while reading
- Concentrating reading focus on words instead of sentences
- Calling out words during reading
- Going back always to where you have read
- Turning your head while reading in other to follow the lines of words.
FACTORS AFFECTING STUDYING ARE:
- Deciding time; choose the best time which is convenient for you.
- Deciding location; choose your best study location, free of distraction.
- Taking responsibility by your self; Decide by your self that you want to read.
- Decide manner; take your best reading approach.
- What are your purpose; knowing your aim of studying.
I hope with the above mentioned tips on how to study effectively for exams studying will not be as difficult for you as it was before.
If this article how to study effectively for exams helped you feel free to let us know using our comment box below.